Galenika Bensedin Diazepam Tablets 10mg
Galenika Bensedin Diazepam 10 mg is a very high quality pharmaceutical grade diazepam. Regarded by patients and doctors alike, as one of the best brands of available on the market. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines. Galenika Bensedin Diazepam 10 mg come in 2 x blister packs of 15 x 10 mg diazepam tablets (30 pills) to a box.
Galenika Bensedin Diazepam 10 mg works by calming the brain and nerves. Diazepam is also known as Valium Its most common forms of use are to treat:
- alcohol withdrawal
- also used to relieve muscle spasms
- provide sedation before medical procedures.
- Consult a doctor or your GP before you begin taking this medicine. It is taken orally with or without food as directed by your
- doctor. If using the liquid form of this medication, carefully measure the dosage using a special measuring device/spoon. Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dosage required.
If using the concentrated solution, use the medicine dropper provided and mix the measured dosage with a small amount of liquid or soft food (such as applesauce, pudding). Consume all of the mixture right away. Do not store it for later use.
The dosage of Galenika Bensedin Diazepam 10 mg is based on several various factors. This includes;
- your medical condition
- your age
- how you response to treatment.
Do not increase your dosage of Galenika Bensedin Diazepam or use more often, or for longer than prescribed. This will not make your condition improve any faster, although the risk of you suffering side effects will increase. Properly stop the medication when so directed. If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as:
- abdominal/muscle cramps
To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your dosage slowly. Withdrawal is more likely if diazepam has been used for a long time or in high doses. Tell your doctor or pharmacist straight away if you feel you may be showing symptoms of withdrawal. When used for a long time, this medicine may not work as well. Consult your doctor if this medication stops working well.
Although it helps many people, this medication can sometimes encourage or cause addiction.
The risk may be higher to those who have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol). Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lower the risk of addiction. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Avoid eating or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor or GP says you may do so. Grapefruit can increase the chance of side effects with this medicine, so it is best avoided. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Take this medication as directed by your doctor to get the best results from using it. To help you , take it at the same time(s) each day.
Mild Side Effects
Possible mild side effects of Galenika Bensedin Diazepam 10 mg can include:
- Blurred vision
- If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has calculated the benefits to outweigh the risk of side effects in your personal case. There are not many who use this medication and experience serious side effects.
Serious Side Effects of Galenika Bensedin Diazepam
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including:
- Mental/mood changes (such as memory problems, agitation, hallucinations, confusion, restlessness, depression)
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble walking
- Muscle weakness
- Shaking (tremors)
- Trouble urinating
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Signs of infection (such as sore throat that doesn’t go away, fever, chills)
- Seek medical attention immediately if you experience or show any any serious side effects, including:
- slow/shallow breathing.
- Allergic reaction.
Which any kind of serious reaction to this medicine is very rare. However, if on the other hand, there is a serious reaction to it, get medical help right away. These can appear as symptoms such as:
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor straight away.
Before taking Bensedin (diazepam), tell your doctor if you’re allergic to it; or to oxazepam or temazepam; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your doctor for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or GP your medical history, especially if it includes:
- Certain muscle disease (myasthenia gravis)
- Lung/breathing problems (such as COPD, sleep apnoea)
- Mental/mood disorders (such as depression, thoughts of suicide, psychosis)
- Personal or family history of a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol)
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or blur your vision. Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) can make you more dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything that requires alertness or clear vision until you can do it safely. Avoid alcoholic beverages. Talk to your doctor if you are using marijuana (cannabis).
Some liquid products may contain alcohol. Ask your doctor about using this product safely.
Before having surgery, inform your doctor of all products you use. This is including prescription & non-prescription drugs, and herbal products.
For some children, instead of having a calming effect, Bensedin diazepam may have the opposite effect, causing mental mood changes. Such as agitation, hallucinations and restlessness.
Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially drowsiness and loss of coordination. These side effects can increase the risk of falling. For some older adults, instead of having a calming effect, Bensedin (diazepam) may have the opposite effect, causing mental/mood changes (such as agitation, hallucinations, restlessness).
This medication is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby. If you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant, tell your doctor right away. Consult your doctor for more details.
This drug passes into breast milk and may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. Breast-feeding while using this medication is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
Some products that may interact with this drug include: clozapine, fluvoxamine, orlistat, sodium oxybate.
The risk of serious side effects may be increased if taken with other products that may also cause drowsiness or breathing problems. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking other products such as opioid based pain or cough relievers (codeine, hydrocodone), alcohol, marijuana (cannabis), other drugs for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem), muscle relaxants (such as carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine), or antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine).
Check the labels on all your medicines (such as allergy or cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely.
This medication may interfere with certain lab tests, possibly causing false test results. Make sure lab personnel and all your doctors know you use this drug. Similar products include Diazepam P.P.M ® 10 mg
Dosage of Galenika Bensedin Diazepam
Usual Adult Dosage for Anxiety
Oral: 2 to 10 mg orally 2 to 4 times a day
Moderate Anxiety Disorders and Symptoms: 2 to 5 mg IM or IV, repeated in 3 to 4 hours if necessary
Severe Anxiety Disorders and Symptoms: 5 to 10 mg IM or IV, repeated in 3 to 4 hours if necessary
If one has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 999.